Thursday, 7 March 2013
Sound Edit
Before I did anything with the sound I made sure that all of my sound files were labelled with the interview number, the day it was recorded and if it was a good take, and if not what needs doing to it. In soundtrack pro I completely levelled off all the sound so the levels are consistent throughout the film. I used keyframes at some points to gradually have the levels pulled up or down in certain points. On all of the outdoor clips all of the lows needed cutting out up to 100Hz to completely get rid of any wind on the mic, or low level traffic. On a couple of clips I had to use noise reduction to minimise any buzzes, I also eliminated some pops and clips from some clips. It is still there, but I minimised them as much as possible. After this I added in transitions where needed, overlayed certain clips, scrubbed the atmos tracks and used atmos tracks throughout. We decided we didn't want any music in our film just because it would contrast too much with the talking. One of the only problems I had with soundtrack pro was that it kept crashing, it took several days as I had to restart several times, until i saved just before export, and even then it crashed several times at export, it took several methods and new computers before export, we would have finished over a day early if it wasn't for soundtrack pro. The one thing I learnt from that is to just not use Soundtrack pro, and to learn to use another program such as logic pro. After this we were ready to completely export the film and put onto a disk. Luckily the final export went without any issue, and I am proud of what we have accomplished, even though there are small improvements we could have made, with the framing, use of space and time in the film, get better interviews. But we still have a strong documentary with an original idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment